We are excited to announce our new book AI in Procurement. It’s written by Sammeli Sammalkorpi and Johan-Petter Teppala to cut through the hype and give you an executive view of the real opportunity artificial intelligence gives to procurement.
“We felt compelled to write this book to dispel some of the myths and misconceptions about AI within the procurement community” said Sammeli Sammalkorpi, adding “At Sievo we were pioneers of AI through our machine learning spend classification technology. We learned first-hand it takes time and patience to get right, yet too often we hear AI being talked about a magical quick-fix solution.”
What is “AI in Procurement” about?
You are not going to read about futuristic robots in this book. Instead, you will see real-life examples of how AI can transform your procurement function and gain an understanding of what it can do for your company today.
“Many solution providers have a very narrow view of the opportunity of AI. For this book, we researched the most up-to-date views by leading analysts and software providers. What you’ll find is a 360° view of AI across all procurement processes,” shared Johan-Peter Teppala.
Who is this book for?
This book is meant for you – the open-minded professional who is interested in AI, in procurement, and the interesting things that can happen when you combine the two. It was also written:
- For you, the procurement professional who wants to champion and implement AI into your company’s operations
- For you, the student studying logistics or supply chain management who wants to learn about how the field is transforming
- For you, who worries that everyone else appears to be benefiting from AI except your team
- For you, someone who is just curious about anything that can potentially help your business thrive
This is for you, the procurement superhero tirelessly driving change, seeking value and unlocking innovation.
And don’t worry, the authors don’t expect you to have prior knowledge about AI and are not going to get too technical about algorithms or how to code them. The book provides you with a broad view of the subject and answers some of your burning questions such as:
- What is AI and what are its applications in procurement?
- How do I get started on my AI journey?
- What are AI’s key strengths?
- Will AI steal my procurement job?
- What are the risks associated with AI in procurement?
- How come the world’s smartest machines can’t tell the difference between an apple and an owl?
Intrigued? Download AI in Procurement as a PDF.
About the Authors
AI in Procurement was written by Sammeli Sammalkorpi and Johan-Peter Teppala who have over 30 years of combined experience in procurement leadership. They set about writing this book out of frustration that there is too much hype surrounding the topic of artificial intelligence in procurement.
At Sievo, Sammeli and JP were some of the pioneers of implementing AI in procurement analytics and regularly share their thoughts in procurement communities and events. For media opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
See the author’s fresh thoughts in the video below:
Would you like a printed copy of the book?
AI in Procurement will be available on sale on Amazon before the end of the year. Get your online copy to receive updates!