Senior Azure Data Engineer
Apply at latest: 29.1.2021 Helsinki, Finland
Sievo <3 Azure
We are the Data Engineers at Sievo, a Global Leader in Procurement Analytics
company. We are growing, we are improving, we are aiming even higher, we are reaching for the clouds, as we are going to the Azure cloud.
Integration, CI/CD, scaling, databricks, data factory, IaC, and Data Lake are part of your playground? Let’s talk then!
As part of our growth, we are now looking for a passionate Senior Azure Data Engineer, to join our Data Engineering Helsinki team. Come and shape the future of the Procurement information hub with us.
Our Data Engineering team is responsible for defining the integration architectures of our customers implementations, creating integrations and supporting the environments in the continuous service mode. This means working with the biggest and coolest global customers and their ERP systems, but also with 3rd party providers of data on market, risk, sustainability, diversity indexes and so forth.
We have integrated 70+ ERP systems, managing 300+ billion lines yearly and having 1000+ active system integrations in place.
Now we are redesigning our data integration architecture and pipelines in the cloud using with Azure services. Therefore, we are putting together a new talented development team. You would be transforming and migrating the whole on-prem integrations to Azure hands-on with the support of our data engineers. You would be joining an International team of Data Talents and report to the Head of Data Engineering.
For this role we value strong Azure data engineering experience and a DevOps mindset. We are looking for a senior data engineer to help us build and modernize our data pipelines in the cloud and contributing to our vision to automate the deployment of ETL pipelines for common ERP systems.
- Build Azure integration pipelines from our customers to the Sievo’s data storage
- Manage pipelines using Infrastructure as Code, automated CI/CD and automated tests
- Own and improve the ETL products build for data extraction, transformation and loading data to the curated data zone
- Proactively suggest and implement improvements that reduce manual deployments, testing and increases scalability, robustness and availability of data systems
- Maintain batch and near real-time data pipelines
- Improve internal tooling used by data engineers to manipulate and access data
- Train and support other Data Engineering team members during the transformation to Azure
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in designing, implementing, and deploying ETL pipelines
- Extensive experience in Azure Data factory
- Experience in Azure data bricks, Azure Data lake structuring, parquet file transformations
- Experience in T-SQL
- Experience with NoSQL concepts
- Good scripting skills, e.g., PowerShell, Python
- Experience in working with REST APIs
- Managing infrastructure as code, for example with ARM or Terraform
- DevOps oriented mindset
- Innovate with others but also able to work independently
- Ability to lead Data Engineering development initiatives
- Ability to mentor others
- Willingness to relocate to Finland
- Background in backend software engineering
- Knowledge of C# and other programming languages
- Experience or familiarity with Azure services: Monitoring, Delta Lake, Synapse, security, Function Apps, Logic Apps and Machine Learning
- Knowledge on Azure migration of OnPrem data pipelines
- Knowledge of Microsoft SSIS
We promise you
- A set of exciting global clients to work with. Yes – the ones you read about in business & management books. The ones with the largest amounts of data
- An environment that challenges you to exceed but enables you to learn more
- A great place to work with a relaxed work environment
- Opportunity to work with a wide variety of ERP solutions
- Freedom and responsibility. We are looking for people who yearn for this freedom, are able to make the most out of it and are willing to take on the responsibility
- Possibility to work with an international group of great people with diverse backgrounds
- Our chill office situated in Helsinki. Already before Covid, but especially now we provide all essential tools to enable you to work remotely too
Now we would love to hear from you. Tell us about yourself and how would you bring us to the next level. Please apply now by providing your application and CV through our recruitment system as soon as possible, but no later than the 29th of January. We will start processing the applications as and when we receive them. More information about Sievo, sievo.com and about the role from Shajehan Chirayil (Shaj), Head of Data Engineering, +358 50 483 9637.
OBS! We do accept and appreciate international talents, but please be aware that currently Finnish Migri is not processing any residence/employment permits in India/ Bangladesh. Due to this, unfortunately we are currently not able to hire people from those locations.
Great place to work
Best colleagues in the world
Borrow office for own events
Sports and culture
We welcome you to the leading Procurement Analytics software company of the world. Love the freedom of working in a growth company with talented and passionate people - the family of Sievonians. We live by the "Get shit done - and relax after" manifesto. So if you want to enjoy your life as a whole, including sustainably paced work with good benefits - join us.