Data Engineer, Chicago
Apply at latest: 16.8.2020 Chicago, United States
_Seize your chance with us!
Sievo is a software company determined to change how companies exploit sourcing related data assets by providing them with AI and ML powered procurement analytics solution. We serve companies such as Kellogg, GoDaddy, T-mobile, Iron Mountain and Carlsberg on global basis._
We are one of the fastest growing procurement software companies in the world and have managed to accomplish that in a profitable, self-financed manner. However, we feel that we’ve just scratched the surface and want to have an even bigger impact on the market. Our US headquarters is in downtown Chicago and global headquarter in Helsinki, Finland.
We are now looking for new Data Engineer to join our Chicago team.
Together with the client we convert their business requirements into procurement analytics capabilities to drive tangible value. You would be one of our technical experts in implementing and maintaining the automated integration processes between our customers’ ERPs and our Sievo procurement software.
As a Data Engineer, you would
- With your team members and together with the clients develop an understanding of our clients’ procurement analytics needs
- Work with a combination of Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SSIS and Sievo’s own proprietary integration tools as well as database structures and data content of all kinds of ERPs.
- Design and build the data integrations and migrations required for Sievo applications together with the rest of the Sievo team. These could be clients cloud and in-premise ERPs and other systems, but also other external data such as market indices or data provided by suppliers
- Work and communicate internally with other Sievonians but also represent Sievo’s integration field externally with our customers’ IT and project members
- Provide active support and improvement ideas to our existing integration processes and also constantly look to improve our tools, internal processes and best practices.
- Ensure that everything you do is robust, sustainable and scalable
- Work in cross-functional teams to develop our product and create cutting edge analytical solutions
- Have the courage to question things and to speak up: We believe development comes from challenging the status quo
We are looking for both people early in their career to develop into this role as well as more seasoned professionals. We value people who have a passion for data and analytics, enjoy working with clients and helping them solve complex procurement analytics related problems, possess a certain intellectual curiosity for learning new as well as the drive to get things done.
What typically gives a good starting point for our Data Engineers?
- Passion and ability to handle data
- Being independent and taking ownership
- Ability to work under pressure as well as ability to take time off
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Genuine IT/SQL enthusiasm
- Interest in automating processes by using IT tools
- Desire to always develop your skills further
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Procurement experience and knowledge on ERPs such as SAP, Oracle EBS, Navision and/or M3 is valued
We promise you
- A set of really cool global clients to work with. Yes – the ones you read about in business & management books. The ones with the largest amounts of data
- An environment that challenges you to exceed but enables you to learn more
- A great place to work with a relaxed work environment
- Freedom and responsibility. We are looking for people who yearn for this freedom, are able to make the most out of it and are willing to take on the responsibility
- Possibility to work with an international group of great people with diverse backgrounds
Send us your documents (resume, motivational letter etc.) through our recruitment system, we are looking for people to join the team as soon as possible.
You can read more about Sievo at www.sievo.com
Great place to work
Best colleagues in the world
Borrow office for own events
Sports and culture
We welcome you to the leading Procurement Analytics software company of the world. Love the freedom of working in a growth company with talented and passionate people - the family of Sievonians. We live by the "Get shit done - and relax after" manifesto. So if you want to enjoy your life as a whole, including sustainably paced work with good benefits - join us.